Applications for the second round of 8 Fellowships are now closed. Thank you to all who applied! It looks like a strong and competitive cohort. See our timeline below for more details about the review process.
CHAPLAIN RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
(16) Chaplain Research Fellows will complete a two-year, research-focused Master of Science or Master of Public Health degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or public health at an accredited school.
The (8) Cohort 2 Fellowships will pay all tuition and associated fees as well as a yearly stipend of $45,032. Some research funds as well as support to attend program conferences will also be provided.
Our Kickoff Conference from July 27-29 in Chicago, IL was a success. It included the first group of 8 Fellows, the Transforming Chaplaincy Leadership and Advisory Committees, and our John Templeton Foundation Program Officer. It was designed to orient Fellows to the program, chaplaincy research, and graduate-level studies. Our next conference will be July 19-21, 2017 in Chicago, IL; details will be posted as they become available.
Details about the Fellowship Program
1. For more information on the Research Chaplaincy Fellowships, including a basic overview of the program, degrees, stipend, study and employment responsibilities, and preliminary application details, see our Fellows Application document.
2. Do you have a question you want answered? Fellows FAQs are available here.
3. Click here for an Employer Letter you can share with your manager. This letter outlines how the Fellowship offers opportunities for building skills in evidence-based chaplaincy care along with considerations of academic work load and employment responsibilities.
4. Do you want to know what is expected of a student once accepted into the Fellowship Program? Click here for the Fellow Expectations.
Cohort 2 Timeline
|Activity||Cohort 2: Chaplain Research Fellowships|
|Application and detailed instructions posted on website||October 20, 2016|
|Application deadline||Friday, January 6, 2017|
|Decision about application||Friday, March 17, 2017|
|Applicant confirms acceptance||Friday, April 14, 2017|
|July 19-21, 2017
August 31, 2017